- Information which You provide
- When you create an account or profile with us, We may collect your Personal Information like name, mobile number, e-mail address, unique login name, password, and password validation, and a password hint to help you remember Your password.
- You can choose to complete Your online account by providing Us with ride preferences, frequent – riders or affinity numbers, payment modes and other Personal Information. This information is primarily used to assist You in making ride quickly without having to type in the same information repeatedly.
- Information which we collect
- Non-Personal Information: When You visit the Website or install SmartE App, We may collect certain non-personal information such as domain and host from which You access the internet, Your internet protocol address, operating system, browser type, and internet service provider. This type of information does not identify You personally.
- Mobile: When You use the App through Your mobile, We may receive information about Your location and Your mobile device, including a unique identifier number, cookies, device settings for Your device. We may use this information to provide You with suggestions in respect of services if required.
- When browsing our Website/App, you are not required to provide any Personal Information unless and until you choose to make a purchase or sign up for one of our e-mail newsletters or other services. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- The Website/App cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to Your Personal Information as a result of Your failure to keep Your Personal Information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You must notify Us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other internet user or any other breach of security.
- Minors are not eligible to register for, use, or purchase the Products or Services available on Our Website/App. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any minor and will not use this information if We discover that it has been provided by a minor.
- Personal Information: Personal Information shall include all information that can be linked to a specific individual or to identify any individual, such as name, address, mailing address, telephone number, email address, information about the ride, bookings, passengers, frequent riders numbers and any and all details that may be necessary from the customer (“Personal Information”).
- Other Information that we collect
- We may gather publicly available or commercially available information and combine this with other information to better understand your needs, interests and preferences.
- We may also collect other information about you, your devices or your use of services that you consent to send us.
- Your Options
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information while using Our services. In some cases, this may limit your ability to use of the Services. We’ll take appropriate measures to explain these limitations, when we’re asking for your information so you can make an informed decision.
- Information which You provide
Use of Your Information
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties Your Information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist Us in operating Our Website, conducting Our business, or servicing You. We may also release Your information when We believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce Our Website/App policies, or protect Ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We process the Information You provide in any one or more of the following manner:
- To process and fulfil Your request for Services or to provide a feature You request;
- To respond to Your inquiries or fulfil Your requests for information about the various services;
- To provide You with information about SmartE’s products/services and to send You information and offers from SmartE
- To send customise and personalized advertising, promotions and communications that We believe may interest You;
- To ask for your opinion on our services and carry out surveys, with Your separate consent, if required.
- For providing Services, We may disclose Your Personal Information to the Company’s and/ registered business partners (as applicable).
- To comply with the law and legal processes;
- To improve our Services;
- To contact You and to customise Our communication with You and the marketing material we share with You;
- Your information, whether public or private shall be used for the purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested and additionally analyse and suggest if any other related product / service that shall be suitable for you.
- The email address You provide for booking processing, may be used to send You information and updates pertaining to Your booking, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To avoid fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Website, Our business, Services and users;
- To publish any testimonials or reviews that You may have provided on the Website;
- We may disclose Information, in good faith, wherein the access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- enforce applicable Terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- Additionally, in the event of an audit, reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), We may share/transfer/assign the Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
We won’t keep Your Personal Information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that information will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required.
We will take appropriate steps to ensure that information is retained basis the following:
- at least the duration for which the information is used to provide the service;
- as required under law, contract or other statutory obligations;
Accessing and updating Your Information
As a user of the Website/ App, you can update or modify the personal information you have included in your profile or change your username by logging in and accessing your account. Though you may delete your account, you acknowledge that it may be impossible to remove your account without some residual information being retained by the website. You may at any time access, delete or change your personal information or subscribed services. You can easily access your personal information if you login as a member on our website or you can follow the links that may be provided within our subscription emails to you to manage your subscription preferences.
We use reasonable security measures to protect Information from unauthorized access,maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of Information. When the services are accessed using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome or any Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”), or such technology that may protect information using both server authentication and data encryption. We host our website in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via SSL technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, Your sensitive private financial information will not be stored on our servers. The foregoing is subject to Your compliance with the following:
- Account Security: You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your user ids and passwords while accessing the Website/App as a User (“User Account”). you acknowledge that neither the company nor any of its directors, shareholders or other representatives shall be liable to you under any circumstances for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from or arise out of, or a breach or, or compromise of registration of your user account with us and/or your ability or inability to use the user account or.
- Payment Security: We use third-party payment processors (“Payment Processors”) for any payments made on this Website/ App. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the payment processors in addition to the terms. You acknowledge that neither the company nor any of its directors, shareholders or other representatives shall be liable to you under any circumstances for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from or arise out of your use of the payment processors, your payment through the payment processors or your ability or inability to complete the payment.
- Safeguard Sensitive Information: Sensitive details like Credit/Debit Card and Net Banking information are primarily collected by the Payment Processors and banks who we work together with to provide you the services and which are governed by their respective security procedures and are committed to protecting your information. However, if this information is stored on our Website, it remains completely unshared and safe. sometimes, such information is shared with certain third parties to process the applicable cash-back offers & discounts.
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Website/App may include links to third party applications/websites (“Third Party Sites”). Such Third-Party Sites are governed by their respective privacy policies, which are beyond Our control. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use. SmartE is not responsible for these third-party products or services.
We do not provide any personal information or personally identifiable information to third party websites/advertisers/ad-servers without your consent.
- We may contact You through the phone number or e-mail id provided and may also receive transactional emails eg. Notification for password change, any confirmation, payment etc.
- You hereby expressly agree to receive such communication from SmartE.
- This Policy shall be governed by and construed as per the applicable laws of India. All disputes in relation to these shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts in Delhi only.